The moment frozen in the photo above wasn’t a good one for Michael McComish, an amateur wrestler from Madison, South Dakota. During a wrestling match at Madison Square Garden, the high school senior was hit by a large light fixture that fell in what officials are calling a ‘freak accident.’ After the light is removed from his body, McComish slowly gets up and walks away. He made a trip to the local hospital for some stitches but was otherwise unscathed.
He later Tweeted about the incident:
Just letting everyone know I'm fine! Stitches in my head. Gash on forehead and back of me head and little cuts from the glass nothin serious
— Michael McComish (@Comish69) January 19, 2013
Given the size of the lighting fixture, the speed with which it feel and the fact that he never saw it coming, it’s an absolute miracle that he wasn’t more severely injured.